Food Safety Talk, a bi-weekly podcast for food safety nerds, by food safety nerds. The podcast is hosted by Ben Chapman and barfblog contributor Don Schaffner, Extension Specialist in Food Science and Professor at Rutgers University. Every two weeks or so, Ben and Don get together virtually and talk for about an hour.
They talk about what’s on their minds or in the news regarding food safety, and popular culture. They strive to be relevant, funny and informative — sometimes they succeed. You can download the audio recordings right from the website, or subscribe using iTunes.
Show notes so you can follow along at home:
- Takin’ Care of Business
- Food Safety Talk 108: Hyperbole and fire ants
- Portlandia Season 6
- Louis CK on airplane wifi
- Back to Work
- Longer Contact Times Increase Cross-Contamination of Enterobacter aerogenes from Surfaces to Food; Is the five-second rule real?
- barfblog: 89 now sick with hep a what kind of trendy smoothie place gets their frozen strawberries from egypt
- Multistate outbreak of hepatitis A linked to frozen strawberries
- Getting Things Done
- Meat and Poultry Inspection Dialogue
- Genetic determinants of heat resistance in Escherichia coli
- New York Times: ‘Five-Second Rule’ for Food on Floor Is Untrue, Study Finds
- Rutgers Researchers Debunk ‘Five-Second Rule’: Eating Food off the Floor Isn’t Safe
- Rutgers Open Access Policy & SOAR
- Modeling the growth of Listeria monocytogenes on cut cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon
- Mr. Robot
- wikipedia Five-second rule
- Surface sanitation and microbiological food quality of a university foodservice operation
- So Long Farewell