And more about those UK chefs.
A cockroach-infested curry house in north-east London has been ordered to shut its doors after it was discovered crawling with insects, including in chef hats.
Food safety inspectors uncovered an infestation of cockroaches and nymphs inside the “filthy” kitchen with droppings found on shelves containing open food and dinner plates.
Insects were also seen living in a box of paper hats worn by the chefs while the cooker was thick with grease in conditions described as “disgusting”.
Containers were encrusted with old food with the filth witnessed across the entire building including an upstairs function room where cockroaches were also found.
Waltham Forest Council issued an immediate hygiene order for the curry house to shut following an inspection on Monday, September 12 over a number of food safety breaches.
The order was received at Stratford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday September 14, confirming the closure.