(Thanks to the barfblog.com reader who sent this in.)
Red Hot World Buffet in Liverpool One shopping centre was fined £14,000 after inspectors found an infestation of mice in the kitchen. It was also ordered to pay £7,816 costs after admitting breaching health and safety regulations.
The pic (right, exactly as shown) was from the chef’s office, with mouse shit everywhere.
Owners Passepartouts Ltd pleaded guilty to 10 counts at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court after mice droppings and beetle larvae were found during an inspection.
The restaurant closed in June and the owners are now in administration.
Environmental health officers visited the restaurant twice last year.
Live mice were caught on sticky traps and mouse droppings and grease were found next to food containers and near fridges.